||1 day (14th September 2023)
||490€ + VAT 20% (588€), or individual (in-house)
||Inhouse: on-line / on-site
- Banking and financial markets - the role of financial markets by bank´s management, (money market, capital market, FX market, bonds), hedging of bank´s and customer´s positions, importance of bond´s portfolio in bank´s balance sheet, central bank facilities (repo tender, O/N facilities, etc.)
- Bank controlling, internal prices (FTP), management of margin contribution (interest and non-interest) and structural risk contribution
- Key bank financial ratios (e.g. RoE, RoR, RORAC, CIR, EVA and other)
- Balance sheet structure of a bank, Fundamentals of Assets and Liabilities management (liquidity management, interest risk management), Assets and Liabilities Committee ALCO, proper decision making about interest rates for diverse bank products
- Strategic planning - managing a bank by considering internal bank procedures and key financial ratios, customer needs, shareholder requirements, regulatory environment and employees’ desires. Balanced Scorecards (BSC) method principles.
- Bank´s regulatory environment – current regulation framework Basel III / IV (capital requirements, CRD/CRR, Single Resolution Mechanism – SRMR, Bank Recovery and Resolution – BRRD, MREL/TLAC, Deposit Guarantee - DGS, supervisory process - SREP, capital allocation and liquidity ICAAP/ILAAP, corporate governance, liquidity ratios - LCR/NSFR, marktes infrastructure - EMIR, interest rate risk - IRRBB), other regulatory requirements (minimum reserves, MiFID II, bank levy, crypto-assets regulation)
- Bank business management (retail, corporate banking, private banking), risk policy for diverse customers´ types, cross selling, customer needs
- Risk management (credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, operational risk, business risk) and basic risk measurement methods. Credit risk (expected and unexpected credit loss, mitigation of credit risk, credit spread risk), Liquidity risk of a bank, Market risks - interest risk (level risk, yield curve risk, basis risk, other risks influencing IR position of a bank), FX risk, optionality risks. Methods to measure and quantify banks risks (what-if scenarios, MD, PVBP, VaR, Expected Shortfall)
- Case studies and strategic discussions
- Internal talent’s and management education programmes of banks
- Bank managers/prospective managers
- Business units (Retail, SME, Corporate, Private Banking)
- Controlling and planning, risk controlling, ALM and Risk Management
- Project managers and managers of processes
- Other bank professionals and experts (accounting, back-office, middle-office, credit management, compliance, HR and marketing) searching for education in total bank management area
The computer based simulation SimBa allows the participant to know a model bank management from all aspects in the interactive form - they create the bank strategies, price and evaluate bank products, manage the bank´s balance sheet and P&L account, they make decisions, manage the bank's risks with the goal to satisfy the requirements of shareholders. SimBa works in current regulatory environment Basel III / IV.
Watch short video here:
Bearning E-learning is an on-line tool for self-study or an excellent preparation for Bearning blended learning programs, trainings, simulations workshops or webinars.
We recommend to study the following 6 chapters for Fit & Proper Bank Managers: Bank management and Strategies • Controlling and internal rates (FTP) • Assets and Liabilities Management (ALM) • Risk Management • Treasury and Financial Markets • Bank Regulations
To be granted the official Bearning Certificate credential, one must demonstrate mastery of the Bearning E-learning topics and successfully pass Bearning certification exam.